About the role
Join our rapidly growing engineering team, and help build the internal tools essential to supporting the exponential growth of Chime’s member base. Expect to work on systems resolving the toughest problems our members face - automations that streamline operations, dedicated workflows at scale, and the integration of machine learning insights to inform our tools and interactions. Fintech experience or knowledge of fast-growth, rapidly scaling operations will be helpful to you in this role.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300 and up to $207,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Design, develop, test, refactor, and scale new and existing internal tools
- Work on consumer-facing product features that improve the interaction between our members and our colleagues in Risk and in Member Services
- Develop thoroughly tested code
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Mentor up-and-coming developers
- Add to and maintain practices that multiply productivity and delight your fellow engineers with ease of use
To thrive in this role, you have
- Experience using Rails and/or React.js or comparable frameworks to build cutting edge tools
- 5+ years of developing software in a production environment at scale
- Ability to work collaboratively, to deliver quickly, with a plan to iterate
- When faced with a hard problem you can break it down into digestible pieces; when you get stuck you're open and willing to ask for guidance
- You're helpful – when a teammate needs a hand, you'll raise yours
- You understand that we do our best work when we communicate with each other
- You're passionate about mentoring – as our teams grow, you'll help nurture and guide incoming developers
- You’re ready to learn – not only will you get to know FinTech, we’re looking for engineers who work to improve their craft
- Degrees in Computer Science or a related field are welcome, not required
- FYI: Other tools you will find nearby in our stack: Rails, Postgres, AWS, Zendesk, Twilio
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.