About the role
As a Product Analyst, you will have the opportunity to develop, test, launch and scale member banking experience products. Through experimentation, user behavioral analysis, sophisticated statistical and data science modeling, and dashboards development, you will surface product insights and recommendations that will increase adoption, engagement, and retention of our members.
In this role, you will work closely with product managers, user research, engineers, product & lifecycle marketing, and operational stakeholders to foster a data-driven product development culture, advise our product roadmaps, and build a deep understanding of member behavior.
We're hiring across several levels. The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $118,100 USD ($91,500 CAD) and up to $185,100 USD ($143,400 CAD). Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Keep a pulse on performance metrics and KPIs. You will be positioned to have a view of the business, product, and member base and encouraged to understand and explain trends.
- Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data - not only surfacing insights but also presenting those insights and recommendations to encourage and inspire change.
- Partner widely with product, engineering, research, and design to translate your insights to guide product development. You’ll use data to help the organization understand how members are interacting with Chime and convert that to business and experience implications.
- Lead experimentation by providing mentorship on how they should be run, defining success metrics and data requirements, evaluating impact, and providing strategic direction.
- Advise roadmap, analysis and metric ideation, and strategic discussions with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with analysts and other functions to help bridge business questions and technical (data / computational) solutions.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 4+ years in data-focused roles (post-internship), building analytical infrastructure and data tools that support a wide audience and facilitate decisions of trade-offs. B2C product analytics and FinTech experience preferred.
- Expertise in SQL - you innately translate business questions to queries, understand the edge cases of joins, and can explore a warehouse to find data most appropriate to the problem.
- Familiarity in R or python - you write reproducible code and have a tendency toward automation.
- Experience leading experimentation, statistical analysis, and sophisticated measurement (e.g. causal inference) E2E to guide decision making.
- Hands-on experience with BI/Visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc).
- Experience building metric frameworks to understand user behaviors.
- Ability to think holistically to solve business problems at hand and navigate through ambiguity.
- Excellent stakeholder managements skills, with a record of working cross-functionally to achieve results.
- A focus on impact - you don’t stop with just recommendations but ensure to see work through to changing the business.
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
- Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.