About the Role
The IT Support Manager at Chime will lead, mentor, and develop a diverse team of IT professionals. This person will partner with IT Engineering and other departments outside of IT to ensure that all aspects of IT Support and Infrastructure are accurate, efficient, repeatable, and robust. This person is great at driving operational improvements on an organization-wide level, has a versatile background with a focus on both internal and external customers and teams; and can work under unexpected and sometimes tight timelines. This person will build, develop, and manage a multi-functional team across multiple offices. We are looking to fill this role with someone who thrives in collaborative environments, excels at tackling challenges independently, and has a solid technical background with the ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience. This person will be expected to come into the office 4 days a week.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300 and up to $207,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Manage a team of technical support personnel within our IT Support organization, which includes hiring, performance management, training, and career development
- Establish metrics, monitor service level and response times, and redirect team activities as needed
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate IT systems, policies, and procedures
- Develop and document new or improved support and operations processes
- Oversee the team managing hardware and software purchasing (including new employee onboarding technology setup)
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records
- Escalation point for the support team
- Support Chime employees in resolving problems with IT, AV, and Network systems
- Ability to jump in to the details and help out with support issues as needed
- Analyze data and reporting of IT Support metrics to stakeholders as needed. Will oversee metrics and KPI reviews to develop plans for development and team improvement.
- Nurture cross functional relationship with IT- adjacent teams including People, Workplace, Security, and Executive Assistants.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Minimum of five years experience in managing and growing technical service operations
- Experience with procurement, asset management, training and budgeting
- Sound knowledge of information and communications technology fundamentals
- Experience with automating the resolution of IT issues and managing teams who want to find the root cause of problems
- Ability to help employees solve hardware and software problems with Apple and Windows products, including AV, laptops, mobile devices and printers
- Experience with hosted productivity and communication applications, including Google Workspace, Okta, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
- Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting current versions of Windows and macOS
- Experience managing a large and complex Desktop Support team and apply best practices and industry standards.
- Ability to learn quickly and lead the team through change in a dynamic environment
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.