About the role
We are looking for a Senior IT Support Technician to join our San Francisco office. As a senior resource on the IT Support team, they should be able to provide technical support grounded in strong customer service to Chimers in our SF, Chicago, and Vancouver offices. They should also be able to edify their teammates through their collaboration on tickets and projects. This person should be a self-starter who is dedicated to seeing issues through to completion and able to identify problems or trends proactively. This person will be expected to come into the office in San Francisco 3 days a week and primarily serve at our in-office IT service desk.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $88,000 and up to $119,800. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Resolve IT Support incidents and service requests from Chimers, Including troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues
- Provide in-person support at our walk-up desk and occasional On call support on a rotating basis.
- Support primarily Mac and also Windows OS
- Curiate and refine both internal and external documentation for new and existing processes as Chime scales
- Asset Management: maintain inventory systems and provision hardware and software to new joiners and perform regular audits
- Serve as a mentor to junior team members, lead training sessions and compile runbooks
- Partner with other departments to help push cross-functional efforts to completion
- Maintain a positive attitude in high-pressure situations while supporting Chimers at our walk-up service desk
- Support AV systems and help host complex meetings and events
- Attendance in-person required 3 days/week
To thrive in this role, you have
- 5-7 years of IT support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong knowledge of macOS. Windows experience is strongly preferred
- Experience supporting Okta, Slack, Zoom, Jamf, & Google Workspace. Experience with Oomnitza and Atlassian preferred.
- An openness to feedback & transparency, and a desire for authentic work relationships
- Success in team environments, demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability with other team members
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and plan ahead
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.